Below is a sample timeline. It is meant to just be a starting point to help give guidance and is based off a seven hour package. If you have more or less hours it will greatly vary and definitely needs to be discuss directly with your assigned lead photographer. Also there will be different wants, as well as events that take place that day to make sure to discuss with your photographer.
Example Timeline based off a 7 hour package with wedding starting at 5:00pm and 2 photographers. If clients want a first look, 45-ish minutes more time is suggested to the beginning of the day.
- 3:00pm-3:45pm arrive to photograph final getting ready shots. Bride should be 90% ready with exception of dress being put on. Bridesmaids should be 100% ready
- 3:45-4:15 photograph bridesmaids
- 4:15-4:45 photograph groomsmen
- 5:00-5:30 photograph ceremony
- 5:30-6:30 cocktail hr (one photographer will head to cocktail hour and photograph the room details)
- 5:30-6:00 photograph family (this is the most important part of the day, it is vital that all family know where to be and are present. If we are chasing after an uncle that went to cocktail hour by accident, there is a domino affect and it takes away from the couple's photos as there isn’t a lot of makeup time on the wedding day.) After the pics, the family heads to cocktail hour
- 6:00-6:15 bridal party (bridal party needs to stay and not head to cocktail hour until after the pictures)
- 6:15-6:35 Pictures of the wedding couple (If more time is needed we will pull you out during salads to get a few more portraits)
- 6:35-10:00 Photograph dances and traditional reception events